beachthe sun is a desert looming, an unforgiving orb whose other side watches me writhe in winter’s jaws. & the soft rip of my flesh, if not for insatiable hunger, is almost satisfactory. in a valley of little trees i get strangled by my own feet.
on the afterlifethere was a heaven, once,
and it was made of grass and
the ground that crawled under it
opened up wider than your mouth and
i saw mountains: i saw
beauty, it was a rough
inverted fountain. i saw
Jesus. he said 'death
is The Promise, and The Promise
never leaves us.' i saw
diamonds, and i saw coals
too it just took a while
to find them. i saw
lucifer. he was sewing
me a nightgown made of
soft liquor slurs. i saw
my brain. it told me
'thanks for the x, not
so much the cocaine.' i saw
my skin strung out to dry
after a long summer rain. i saw
my bones become the frame
of a house beside a lake. i saw
my tongue cradle babies and
The holy spiderA seven-legged spider weaves holy webs
over the naked dreamers.
Carefully she binds
their eyes against the harsh light
of morning, binds their legs against
roaming down the road toward
opposite seas, binds their arms against
strangling each other like thorny smilax
vines stringing from swamp oaks.
Carefully, she binds them
~dancingpickles22 tagged me, i tag anyone who wants to answer via comment, i like that best (scr3w da rul3z)
1) You must post the rules.
2) Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4) You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5) Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6) No tag backs.
7) No stuff in the tagging section about "you're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag 10 people.
1. i have been given 5'4" the past two times i've been measured; i am pleased as punch because i had previously been given a good few 5'3.5" and 5'3.75"
2. my initials are Major League Baseball which is cool because i love the red sox and if you like the yankees we can't be friends
3. i could never just stick with one medium for art. take away my words, i pick up my camera; take away my camera, i pick up my pencils and paint. i'd die otherwise.
4. I AM FINALLY ON A MOOD STABILISER AFTER A YEAR OF BEGGING. currently it is doing jack shit.
5. i'm some sort of gross amalgamation of disorders right now. i want that fixed.
1.) What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do?
honestly, treatment. whether my heart's been in it or otherwise. it's ridiculously difficult.
2.) If you could have an ability that you don't have, what would it be?
to love and accept myself and my feelings.
3.) What's your favorite quote?
"human experience weighs more than human flesh." -augusten burroughs
4.) Funniest thing that's happened to you in the past month?
i honestly do not know
5.) Favorite movie?
first two harry potter movies SUE ME
6.) Top five favorite songs? (I know it's hard to choose one)
YOU NEED A GOOD SELECTION OF MY MUSICAL TASTES OK
-you are (mree ft. jared foldy)
-a fine evening for a rogue (lydia)
-majoring in minors (sugarcult)
-the city limits (umbrellas)
-on paper (arkells)
-sowing season (brand new)
-blue dahlia (the gaslight anthem)
-reject yourself (killswitch engage)
-andria (la dispute)
-pachuca sunrise (minus the bear)
-the good left undone (rise against)
7.) Favorite scent?
8.) Favorite show on T.V.?
9.) Favorite book?
invisible monsters by chuck palahniuk, god yes.
10.) Do you think cheating is okay? (On a partner. I don't think it is.)
of course not.
11.) What is your dream job?
a freelance artist of whatever variety i choose so i can stay in bed when i need to or want to but still make money for it
MY QUESTIONS 4U:
1. do you have a smart phone?
2. what time do you typically go to bed?
3. do you bite your fingernails?
4. do you correct others' grammar?
5. how about your own when you realise you've made a slip?
6. are you in love?
7. how tall are you?
8. are you comfortable with your body?
9. biggest fear?
10. are you skilled with a pen(cil)?